Both Sides Now 8 explores both real and virtual Queer spaces, with moving image works by international artists and filmmakers, including Kit Griffiths, Bassam Issa, Liao Jiaming 廖家明, P1nk Poodle, SU Hui-Yu 蘇匯宇, WANG Jun-Jieh 王俊傑, Megan Watson, Robert Yang. Curated by videoclub and Videotage, Both Sides Now 8 brings together a collection of films that explore queerness from international perspectives, which resonate between the fantastical, material, theoretical and playful. Where artists are exploring real and virtual spaces, creating and queering reality and virtuality. Using videogames, CGI, post-digital performance, and film, artists have made work exploring desire, death, cyberspace, passion and exorcism.
FABRICA GALLERY, BRIGHTON Date and time: 23 May, 6pm doors and bar, 6:30pm screening Address: 40 Duke St, Brighton, Brighton and Hove, Brighton BN1 1AG Tickets: £3 // Book tickets by clicking here Access: Films are subtitled. Fabrica is an accessible space for wheelchair users.
- Megan Watson, The Air in Cyberspace, 2022, 3:20 mins
- Bassam Issa, A Paradise Out of a Common Field, 2020, 5:32 mins
- Robert Yang, Zugzwang, 2022, 3 mins
- P1nk Poodle, Queer Theory Saved My Life, 2023, 4:20 mins
- SU Hui-Yu 蘇匯宇, The Glamorous Boys of Tang (1985, Chui Kang-Chien) 唐朝綺麗男（邱剛健，1985), 2018, 17 mins
- WANG Jun-Jieh 王俊傑, Passion 激情, 2017, 13:10 mins
- Kit Griffiths, Dic Pic, 2019, 11:43 mins
- Liao Jiaming 廖家明, Repetition Maximum 最大重複次數, 2021, 5 mins
關於彼岸觀自在 About Both Sides Now
Both Sides Now is a tactical programme partnership between Videotage (HK) and videoclub (UK). Which uses contemporary and historical film and video work to explore developments within the culture and society of Hong Kong, China, the UK, and beyond.